Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hi Santa!

We had such a busy weekend - packed with all kinds of Christmas fun!  Friday night we went to Longwood Gardens which is always a treat this time of year!  Saturday we decorated the outside of our house with lots of lights.  And today we put up our tree and visited Santa! 

I was sure the Santa visit would be a complete disaster.  Everytime I have taken the kids to the mall since Santa arrived (before Thanksgiving!), we visited him.  I always tried to get the kids to talk to him or say hi, but they backed away each time, hiding behind me.  I was prepared for the worst, but determined to get a picture to add to our collection.  While in line, Matty was hiding his face in Mike's shoulder and Gracie was enthusiastically waving to Santa.  She kept trying to run in front of other kids in line - I was shocked how excited she was to see the big guy! 

Basically, the kids totally tricked us - Matty happily jumped on Santa's lap and smiled for the pictures (a first for him).  And Gracie lost it.  At first she just looked at me, waiting for me to come get her.  When she realized I was not coming right that second, she freaked. 

Oh well, I still love the pictures and Gracie recovered very quickly and was waving to him on our way out the door :)


No comments:

Post a Comment